ESaT examinations for Adults: The TELSa suite of tests.
The ESaT TELSa examinations measure the candidate's proficiency in the English language. The examinations have been designed with an international user in mind.
The tests cannot really be definitely classified as General English tests or as Academic English tests since we have tried to incorporate skills such as summary writing, note-taking, and other strategies which are more commonly tested in the latter type of tests. This, we feel, provides our candidates with the opportunity for more comprehensive preparation, and they should, therefore, be better able to cope with the language and skills necessary in the real world. The TELSa examinations, therefore, cater for a wider range of candidates, ranging from the High school student looking to apply for admission into a University to the adult who is keen on improving his or her position at work.
• Tests for learners of English as a foreign/second language - Age 16 and above
• Seven Cefr levels: A1, A2, B1, B1+, B2, C1 and C2, as well as a pre-A1 level for absolute beginners (Starter)
• All TELSa examinations test the 4 language skills:
To ensure that our assessment is as comprehensive as possible, we have included a Use of English section in each of our examinations, so as to test your knowledge of vocabulary and expressions, functional language and grammatical structures.
• Learner-friendly examinations
• Valid and reliable assessment
• Support for Teachers
Please refer to the relevant Teacher Handbook for a detailed outline of the various tests... plus:
- Level Syllabus.
- Details of what is expected of the candidate at any specific level.
- Guidelines on how to help candidates with questions they may have about exams.- Details of what is expected of the candidate in each task of each of the papers in the examination, and detailed guidelines on how to help candidates prepare for each task.
- Sample tests and Answer Keys.
- Examiner feedback on candidate performance in past papers.